Fire hoses are hoses used to transport flame-resistant liquids such as high-pressure water or foam. The traditional fire hose is lined with rubber and the outer surface is wrapped with linen braid. Advanced fire hoses are made from polymeric materials such as polyurethane. Fire hoses have metal joints on both ends, which can be connected to another hose to extend the distance or a nozzle to increase the pressure of the liquid spray.
● The fabric layer of the fire hose shall be woven uniformly, and the surface shall be clean and free of scratches.
● The thickness of the fire hose lining (or cover layer) should be uniform, and the surface should be smooth and flat without wrinkles or other defects.
● The nominal dimensions and tolerances of the inner diameter of the fire hose shall meet the requirements.
● The length and dimensional tolerances of fire hoses shall comply with regulations.
● The design working pressure and pressure resistance value of fire hose should not be lower than the specified value.
● The unit length of fire hoses with a design working pressure of 0.8MPa, 1.0MPa, 1.3MPa, and 1.6MPa should not exceed the requirements.
● The unit length of fire hoses with a design working pressure of 2.0MPa and 2.5MPa should not exceed the requirements.